Knockout Bridal Hairstyle Tips
Short, Long, Modern, Classic
Turn to a Professional
When you’ve spent countless hours in search of the perfect gown,
you’ll no doubt want the perfect hairstyle to top off your look on
one of the most memorable, and photographed, days of your life. So spend some time thinking about it, and start now by heeding some advice from the professionals at Lofty Salon and Wellness Center.
- What’s your best advice for all brides? You have a wedding rehearsal, so why not have a hair rehearsal? Consult with a stylist and test out your look before the wedding day. Bring pictures of your dress, and take your veil with you to help determine the hairstyle that completes your look.
- What styles are good for a bride with short hair? Two words: sexy and feminine. If it works with your gown, hair accessories can help with lift and volume. Depending on your hair’s texture, try to keep it loose and free. Lastly, frame your face with highlights, and spice it up with some color.
- What styles are good for a bride with long hair? Long hair means a long list of options. Wear it sleek, tight, and in a bun. Or, go for flowing volume and movement. Wear it half up, half down. Go retro. Go modern. Go romantic with sexy, soft curls. Don’t hide your long locks behind the veil; show it off and let it make a statement on your big day.
- What would be a great classical look? Simplicity is the key here. Try a ponytail with a bun and a small twist, and add a demure hair accessory. With a strong wedding gown, stick with sleek and smooth hair. If the dress is your main focus, don’t choose a complicated hairstyle.
- What would be a great modern look? To get a graphic, stylish, and current look, you need both simplicity and movement to create the right silhouette and flow. Look for a geometric shape in your dress, and run with it to design a modern red carpet look. Or, go for the popular messy but fixed look. Lastly, don’t overdo hair products and be sure your makeup doesn’t conflict with your hip hairstyle.
- What styles would you suggest for a strapless dress? That’s easy: up and away. Show off the beautiful skin on your neck and shoulders. Pin hair at the nape or build hair up in the crown. Braid it, curl it, wave it, or straighten it – then pull it back. It’s an instant face lifter and it streamlines the body. Right now, it’s very popular to pin up long hair to achieve a short bob.
- What about styling products? Always start with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. Your stylist will know whether you need a conditioner to add texture, or one to decrease frizz. Beyond shampoo and conditioner, the rest of your styling products depend on your chosen look. From volumizing products, to de-frizzing serums, to hairspray… let a trained hairstylist create the picture you’ve envisioned. Put your hair in the hands of an experienced professional. Let those life-long photos tell the story of a beautiful bride on an amazing day.
As a bride, you’ve made sure everything you’ll be wearing is perfect – the dress of your dreams, something borrowed, blue, old, and new. But have you taken time to beautify what that dress is resting on? Spring is around the corner, and it’s time to spruce up your birthday suit. Your skin is a custom made designer suit, and it needs just as much special care as the ones hanging in your closet. Give it some love and let it glow as you walk down the aisle!
|"Brides-to-be, say goodbye to winter and hello to renewal and revitalization. Schedule a skin consultation with a
master esthetician for a custom skin care program."
As your first line of defense against the elements and harmful pathogens, your skin has a critical job. Make sure it’s well-prepped for duty by cleaning, exfoliating, and moisturizing with the right products. Harsh soaps can strip the skin of its natural oils, making skin dry, tight, and easy to tear.
Cold, dry winter air can be brutal on your skin. Overly dry skin leads to fine lines and flaky, dull looking skin that is often marred by blemishes. Spring, on the other hand, is a time for renewal and revitalization – it’s the perfect time for a skin consultation with one of Lofty Salon’s master estheticians. We’ll design a customized skin care program with both home care and salon-based services using professional products that best fit your skin type and lifestyle.
At Lofty, we know products are just one of many factors affecting your skin. We’ll also factor your real life into the skin care equation. Lifestyle, environmental conditions, nutrition, and stress play a big role in skin care. Let our team get to know you and create a healthier more radiant you through fitness, massage therapy, nutrition, and stress management.
Lofty’s Bridal Beauty Package
- Full Body Massage
- One Hour Signature Facial
- Body Treatment – Lymphatic Drainage
- Shampoo & Blowdry
- Makeup Application
- Light Lunch & Refreshments
- (if you like, a massage and facial for the groom too!)
Think Lofty today! Lofty Salon & Wellness Center is located at 354 Maple Avenue West in Vienna, VA. Please call 703-242-0609 to schedule an appointment or visit www.loftysalon.com for Online Booking.