Ahh, the bliss of summer…the sun soaked days at the beach, fun outdoor recreation and exercise…it all seems so wonderful, until the summer glow starts to fade revealing uneven skin tones, the buttery highlights turn brassy, and your hair feels dry and brittle.
As the summer season comes to an end, it’s time to give your hair some much needed attention. It’s now time to shift our focus from protecting your beach hair to repairing any damage that may have occurred with the sand, sun, chlorine and heat
The experts at Lofty Salon are here to help. Here are are some essential “to-do’s” to revive your hair.
- A fresh haircut is the most efficient and effective way to get rid of the split and damaged ends. Especially if you have curly hair, a trim will freshen you up and give it the bounce it deserves. Come on in for a consultation with our Curlyologist or other stylists to see what is best for your current hair condition. A simple clean-up of the ends, or try a one of the new trendy, shorter hair styles and start off the new season with a new look!
- Replace Lost Moisture. Even with a fresh haircut, dry hair is the number one issue we face come September. This is the perfect time to treat your hair to one of Lofty’s signature deep conditioning treatments. We offer this service in combination with your haircut or alone.
- Tone Down the Brass. For many hair colors, and particularly with color-treated hair, the sun oxidizes the hair, and the chlorine can cause a chemical reaction, turning it a rather creative color. This may be a good time to consider a toning or gloss treatment.
- Fight the Frizz. The humidity continues well into September in the metro DC area, and if your hair is suffering from the frizzies, check out our summertime special products by Phyto Plage Protective Sun Veil, or come on in for a full Keratin Treatment to straighten out your your hair without the frizz!
- Reveal A New Layer: Just like the damage that can affect your hair in the summer months, your skin needs equal focus. Chemical Peels were to be avoided in the summer months when they would exposure a fresh layer of skin vulnerable to sun damage, but now is the perfect time for a peel or facial with microdermabrasion to get rid of the older layers and freshen up for fall.
- For Skin Discoloration – If your skin has discolored or started showing some spots from the sun, visit our medispa for a consultation. Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that can help rejuvenate your skin.